Monday, January 28, 2008

Sara Case Candidate for City Commission Dist. 1 & Guest Contributor!

Hi everyone! I hope that Monday is finding you well after a glorious January weekend! This is the last day before the election. Early voting ended yesterday. I am extremely happy to announce my first of what I hope to be many guest contributors on "A Mother's Musings": SARA CASE!!!! Sara is a candidate for City Commission District 1. I find her to be a sincere honest woman who truly has the best interest of Hollywood at heart! For that I am filled with respect and admiration! So without further ado, I'd like to introduce to all my blog readers out there............SARA CASE!!

"Dear Courtney,

Your blog on “all things motherhood and Hollywood” has been fun to read and ponder these past few days, and I thank you for bringing your perspective to Hollywood’s political scene.

Local politics have a profound effect on a community and the well-being of its residents. Your blog is drawing more people to Hollywood’s political landscape. This is really encouraging to those of us who have been fighting for years for a more open, responsive, and honest city government.

I am running for Hollywood’s District 1 Commissioner because I believe strongly that we need to raise the level of competence on the City Commission. Hollywood needs elected officials who have the capability to read the fine print before they vote on complex matters. We need elected officials who stop the practice of giving away millions of our tax dollars to private interests, while cutting back on services to residents.

Although my head has been neatly placed in a roll of baloney in one of the recent flyers from our 32-year incumbent Commissioner, I stand by everything I have said which is not baloney, but the truth. Until I decided last October to run for election, I edited a website, Balance Sheet Online, that reported on decisions and actions of our city commission and sought ideas and comments from Hollywood residents. The Balance Sheet was regularly read by Hollywood residents, elected officials, and city staff, and many readers wrote comments which we published on the site. When I made the decision to run for office, we temporarily suspended the Balance Sheet so that this award-winning website (www.balancesheetonline.com) would not be politicized during the campaign..

Anyone interested in my background and/or the positions I have taken on a variety of issues can find them on my website, www.saracase.com. I am accessible, ready to listen and learn, and anyone who has questions on where I stand can call or e-mail me at any time. Both my phone number and e-mail address are on my website. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to contribute to your blog.

With Best Wishes and May Every Vote Count,

Sara"

I wish Sara the best of luck tomorrow! I hope you all will consider voting for Sara Case, because Hollywood truly needs a "watchdog."

No comments: